Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, LOVE leaves a memory no one can steal. Irish Proverb

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I can't.....I just can't!

I *want* to be the bigger person...but I just can't. I'm still too broken. You see my friend that "wasn't even trying!" to get pregnant just had her baby. It hurts ~ it really hurts because this is the friend who told me that she thinks her m/c was more painful than mine because she lost her first child whereas I lost my fourth. There was really nothing I could do ~ I tried to keep my jaw from swinging open, but I think I failed miserably. Who walks around comparing their grief to someone else's grief? I don't understand that at all!
Yes that was her response about something I had posted on my blog (no I was not claiming that anyone's loss was worse than anyone elses) ~ this is one of the reasons why I needed to start this blog.
Yes she lost her first child around 6 weeks into her pregnancy but then went on to get pregnant less than 2 months later ~ this baby she just had was her fourth (counting the first m/c).
We tried for many months before we conceived Emelia ~ the sting of her (careless) words still hurt.
I want to be the bigger person, but right now I can't.

1 comment:

Megan said...

understandable! No one should compare grief with anyone else! I'm so sorry that your feelings are hurt. Hmmf.