Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, LOVE leaves a memory no one can steal. Irish Proverb

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Best Card

Yesterday while I was cleaning I found a card that one of my friends sent me ~ I met this friend in college (she lived next to me in the dorms and we had a class or two together our first year) ~ even though I seldom get to see her, she is probably one of my best friends ~ we've been through quite a bit together.
Anyway, I came across her card and I wanted to share it with you because I absolutely love what she wrote.
"This stupid card has been sitting on my desk since September. I wanted one that just said, "I love you" because that's all I can think of to say. I didn't want to add to the 10 million "I'm sorrys" that you hear. What good is I'm sorry? I'm sorry doesn't help when your heart is ripped out of your chest and suffocated. I want to hug you and tell you that everything is going to be okay, that things will get easier.
This is complete crap. I know you will eventually be okay and one day it will get easier....but it's hard to see the light when you're in the bottom of a hole. I LOVE YOU! I KNOW YOU! YOU WILL SURVIVE!
I pray every night that things will get a little easier for you. One day they will.
Is it better to say the wrong thing or to say nothing? I don't know. But I promise you one day you'll wake up and this won't be the first thing you think of.
I LOVE YOU!
-name-

No comments: