Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, LOVE leaves a memory no one can steal. Irish Proverb

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bittersweet

When I pulled into the driveway this morning I noticed something....flowers....not just any flowers either ~ my favorite spring flowers ~ daffodils. But what was so amazing about these flowers is that they are the first flowers to bloom this year ~ not only are they the first flowers to bloom, but they are the flowers that are planted where my sweet Emelia is buried ~ no other flowers in the rest of my flowerbed even have buds on them ~ yet these little daffodils are blooming away and more will open soon. It was a bittersweet moment for me ~ especially when the first thing I saw on facebook was a link to this poem

1 comment:

The Blue Sparrow said...

I love daffodils too. That was such a touching poem. (You won an award on my blog, check it out!) *HUGS*